| About Us
Welcome to St Michael’s Church of England (Voluntary Aided)
Junior School. Our school sits on the outskirts of Chelmsford in the popular
village of Galleywood. We share our site with Galleywood Infant’s School where
a strong and growing partnership exists.
Just some of the great reasons to enrol your child at St Michaels:
- A sense of family is very important to us at St Michael’s and we want all our children, parents, teachers, helpers and members of the wider community to feel welcome in school as we work together to enrich each other’s lives, growing and learning together. We therefore seek to be a school that is “a vibrant learning community for all where excellence is the norm”.
- Life and learning at St Michael’s is informed by
a strong Christian ethos, reflected in our Collective Worship, demonstrated in
our shared values which we aim to live out day-to-day in a caring, inclusive
environment. We have strong links with local churches who are very
supportive of our work. We do, however, welcome children of all faiths and
- Learning takes place in and outside the ‘classroom’. The school is well resourced and we also have the benefit of a large outdoor area which includes wildlife and cultivated garden areas.
- Our creative curriculum inspires our children to take ownership of their learning within overarching “Context for Learning” themes. Children also develop their own homework projects to extend their learning further. Recent themes have included “Harry Potter” and “It’s all Greek to me!”
- Extended school provision is available at both ends of the school day, including a comprehensive range of after school clubs encompassing creative arts, music and sport.
- We know that our children are the future; we enable our children to learn skills that
will allow them access to learning wherever and whenever it may be. Our aim is
to set children on course to be life-long, independent learners and responsible
Come and see us, you will be most welcome!